Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Review: Animals Make Us Human: Creating the Best Life for Animals


Animals Make Us Human: Creating the Best Life for Animals
Animals Make Us Human: Creating the Best Life for Animals by Temple Grandin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



When I picked up this book from the library, it has this image of a dog on the cover, and it looks like your run-of-the-mill animal book. I have to say that I was pleasantly impressed with Temple Grandin's information in this book. I picked it up because it was recommended by a user on backyardchickens.com in regards to animal behavior. Normally books like this have the same old this, that, and the other. This one does not. She brought to mind many evidence-based behavior explanations and information that I actually was engaged with this book. It's just a rare delight to come across a behavior book that sheds new light, and shows how obsolete older (what we have always known as to be true) theories of how animals think and why they respond and behave as they do. I'm interested in reading her other book now.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment