Saturday, September 1, 2012

Review: THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY: The Complete Screenplays with Storyboards


THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY: The Complete Screenplays with Storyboards
THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY: The Complete Screenplays with Storyboards by Christopher Nolan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Review posted at: www.goodreads.com, www.theowlreview.blogspot.com, www.netgalley.com, www.amazon.com

I'm amazed. Honestly, I never would have described myself as a "true fan" of Batman stories. I know The Dark Knight is a bit of different take on it. It's darker, it's grittier, it's, well, more interesting. I was not let down with this book here at all. This is actually the screenplays for the movies, with a little bit of the storyboards at the end of each. Totally unique read.

I was drawn into the story at once. It's a very quick read since it's a screenplay it doesn't take long to get through it. The screenplay aspect was a little distracting with scene direction and character labeling, but it didn't slow me down much.

Bruce Wayne is a fascinating character, and these movies are very well-written. There is action to make it interesting, but the dialogue is really great. That overtone of the darkness in these stories isn't depressing, but it makes it pressing instead. Pressing you to flip the page and absorb what he is going through. The forward-moving tone of the stories makes it something you don't want to put down. I really enjoyed these screenplays, and loved the concept of being able to read through them. If you've seen the movies, you can see them playing out in your head as you read through.

Well-written, and fast-paced to the end, I loved these stories.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment